Known as a centre of excellence for teaching, applied research and learning, Vancouver Island University (VIU) is producing quality graduates that are in demand by employers across the country and around the world.
VIU has evolved into a dynamic, internationally known university supporting a student population in excess of 18,000 full-and part-time learners, including 1100 international students, over 1000 aboriginal students, and employing over 2,000 faculty and staff.
- Excellent facilities, quality programs at a reasonable cost.
- Small classes taught by experienced and highly-qualified instructors.
- Academic advising, personal counselling, and support services for international students.
- Social, recreational and sports activities; homestay, and on-campus student residences.
- Co-operative Education programs that allow for study and full-time work anywhere in Canada.
- Great location in a smaller city close to Vancouver and Victoria.
- Vancouver Island University Nanaimo BC Canada
Nanaimo is a city of 85,000 residents, located on beautiful Vancouver Island — a tourist destination blessed with the natural beauty of mountains, forests and seashore, a mild climate, and many opportunities for year-round outdoor sports and recreation. Nanaimo is close to the major metropolitan areas of Vancouver and Victoria, so students attending VIU can have the best of all worlds:
- caring and comfortable community
- low cost of living
- spectacular natural environment
- unequalled recreational opportunities
- one of the mildest climates in all of Canada